Sunday, March 2, 2008

A word about the net ressources

You may have already noticed that I'm not a native speaker, my english lacks some eloquence and I hate flowery reviews with a passion. That's why I'll point you to some ressources on the web that I'll use frequently and that should do the job.

The All Music Guide is usually my first address for brief reviews , discographies, etc. Check it out by yourself as it's quite big. When digging for Cti-records one should watch out that the albums do not always bear the "Cti"-name as Cti's catalog was bought by Columbia after it's bankruptcy and Columbia itself by Sony. Cti itself had a couple imprints (Kudu, Salvation, etc.) under which many important recordings were issued. Check Doug Payne's site for more information about it.

As already mentioned, Doug Payne has the #1 website when it comes to Cti, discographies, rosters for every album and much more. Go ckeck it out. Doug also writes for allmusic.com and allaboutjazz.com, so it's quite possible that it's his work if you find something there.

Besides that, a quick internet search with "artist name" + "album name" gives good results, often from allaboutjazz.com or so.

No comments: